Subject: Re: New Convert/Simple Question
To: port-next68k@netbsd.org <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/12/2002 09:00:43
--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:59:26AM +0100, David Griffiths wrote:
> Tim McIntosh wrote:
> >I have some general unix kernel & device driver experience.  I attempted=
=20
> >to get started working on turbo support a year and a half ago, but=20
> >eventually quit working on it due to lack of hardware documentation.
> Has anyone asked NeXT/Apple recently to see if they will let us have the=
=20
> hardware docs? Now that it is ancient history they might feel happier=20
> about releasing the specs.

Not to my knowledge. These days we've got something of an inside
contact at Apple, and he even works in documentation.

David, do you know where we should go to get documentation about
the NeXT turbo stuff (that is, the fast 040, rather than the slow
040, machines)?

Is this the kind of thing that Apple acquired when they bought NeXT
and then dumped in a storage bin somewhere/burned/left behind, or is
it the kind of thing there might still be hardware docs on?

(Sorry to bug you twice if you actually do read port-next68k, David.
:^>)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net