Subject: Re: New Convert/Simple Question
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/11/2002 16:05:43
In article <1026373291.3d2d36ab8b2a0@lola.Pin.LU>,
Christian Limpach <chris@Pin.LU> wrote:
>Quoting Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>:
>
>> Grr. I don't have a NeXT that runs NetBSD to test the changes...
>
>does it really make sense to get turbo hardware supported?  there
>doesn't seem to be much demand for NeXT support at all, there is/was
>almost no interest in getting working SCSI support into the tree.  I'd
>give adding turbo support a try but with only having one turbo machine
>on which I'm happy with Nextstep (got to keep it alive somewhere ;-))
>and no indication that it would be put into the tree, it seems like a
>very futile undertaking.

Well, the problem seems to be that not many people have working NeXT
hardware anymore. I for one, would fire up my turbo slab if it NetBSD
worked on it.

On the working scsi support, I just bit the bullet and committed your
code. At least people should be able to use the SCSI support now.
The code needs some cleanup:

	- indentation is inconsistent in places and lines wrap.
	- some of the debugging stuff needs to be removed.
	- commented out lines of code should be eliminated.

Do you want to work more on this?

christos