Subject: Re: New Convert/Simple Question
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Christian Limpach <chris@Pin.LU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/10/2002 22:27:44
> >Once NetBSD is installed on a slab, can I boot from the internal drive
and
> >use the internal drive to store data?  Which kernel patch leverl do I
need
> >for this?
>
> Yes, I think that the scsi problems have been fixed now. I believe that
> the fix made it to 1.6. You can use a build of 1.6_BETA4.

I think that's not the case...  Last time I tried -current (on 5/20) SCSI
didn't work at all and there haven't been any changes since...
Information about my patches is in the following postings/threads:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-next68k/2002/05/29/0000.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-next68k/2002/06/06/0003.html
With the latest patches, it's possible to make disks bootable and boot/run
off the internal drive.

    christian