Subject: Re: I'm willing to update the webpages and install notes
To: Goran Koruga <goran.koruga@hermes.si>
From: Ronald C.F. Antony <rcfa@mac.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 11/12/2001 07:48:51
>> * what's the 72 pin SIMM slot on my non-Turbo 68040 cube's
>> motherboard?  Right
>>   now, it's empty.
>
> A few people I know have bought NeXTstation recently. Some of us figured
> out that machines have 30-pin SIMM slots, while one feller has 72-pin
> SIMM slots. I didn't pay any attention to serial numbers and
> suchlike - I
> think he no longer has the machine to check it.

Don't forget there's also a slot for a RAM expansion for the m56k DSP.
Maybe you're talking about that? It took a specially designed SRAM
memory module. One of my NeXT's has it, since I wanted to have as much
DSP RAM as possible for MusicKit apps....

Other than that, AFAIK most non-turbo systems have 30-pin memory, and
all the turbo's have 72-pin SIMMs. I'm not sure if there are some
transition systems that don't fall into this pattern. At least it
holds for all my machines.

Ronald
====
persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends
on the
unreasonable man."  G.B. Shaw   |   rcfa@cubiculum.com   |   NeXT-mail
welcome