Subject: scsi support update (success!)
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 12/26/2000 05:11:47
I spent this past weekend reviving the scsi effort that has been
stagnant for over a year now.  I am now able to use a scsi mounted
root partition and things seem to be mostly working.

I have uploaded my diffs relative to a netbsd-1-5-RELEASE tree:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/scsi-20001226/scsi-20001226.diffs

I have also uploaded a GENERIC kernel with scsi enabled that I
am now successfully using.
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/scsi-20001226/netbsd.gz

I will try to merge these into -current and maybe pull them up to the
1.5 branch as I get time.  There is additional work to do, such as
getting a more functional disklabel(8) and installboot(8) going.
There are certainly still driver kinks that will need to be ironed
out, but I think we are over the hump.  If anyone else is interested
in picking up some of these pieces and hacking on them, please do.  I
will do what I can to help you.

Merry Christmas,

Darrin