Subject: Re: Patch: support for color systems
To: Timm Wetzel <twetzel@gwdg.de>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-next68k
Date: 08/06/2000 21:16:53
Timm Wetzel writes:

> the appended diff modifies the nextdisplay code to provide basic support
> for the 12bit color systems' internal display. I've only briefly tested it
> on a turbocolor, but it seemed to work fine with a m68k ramdisk and ddb.
>
> (No, this does not mean that turbo systems are really supported. I had to
> disable almost all device support except serial.)
>
> Anyone care to test it on a color slab?

After spending a while putzing around, I determined that for my colour slab,
the resolution needs to be 1152x832, not the 1120x832 as indicated in the
patch.  Once I fixed that, then I had a working console :)

> The diff is against -current around 1.4Z, and you need to add
> `options RCONS_16BPP' (and wscons support) to your config.

For the record, the patch applies cleanly against 1.5_ALPHA.

> Should I also send-pr the patch?

Please.  And thanks for the patch! :)

Later...

Greg Oster