Subject: Identifying/using a bare NeXT slab...
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jon McClintock <jammer@weak.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 03/06/2000 17:56:53
Hello,

I recently acquired a bare NeXT slab, with no information or associated
cables. The only identifying information on it is "Model N1100". I am of
the belief that this is a plain old NeXTStation Mono.

If so, is this an ADB or a non-ADB system? What keyboard can I use with it?

Also, the monitor connector is some really funky DB-19 connector. If I
track down a DB-19 plug and solder up a cable myself, will this work
with, say, a Sun Multisync monitor or a PC monitor?

All I really need the monitor and keyboard for is initial setup; I'd like
to run it headless.

Thanks,

-Jon