Subject: build problems with minimal kernel
To: NetBSD/next68k developers list <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Timm Wetzel <twetzel@gwdg.de>
List: port-next68k
Date: 02/22/2000 14:20:42
During my loading experiments I tried to build an absolutely minimal
kernel (not much more than MFS and serial support).

Some build problems popped up on this occasion:

- Leaving out m68030 support fails to link with an unresolved TBIA
  reference (from locore.o IIRC). Apparently defining this directly to the
  040-specific routine does not work everywhere.

- Leaving out xe (and IP) support fails to link because mb87xx.o and
  if_xe.o are still linked in and have some unresolved references.

- I guess the callrom() from ZS_SER_ABORT is simply not yet implemented?

- In some cases changes from re-running config weren't picked up by `make
  depend; make netbsd'. Is this expected?

Is this worthy to diagnose/fix/send-pr? This is with a cross toolchain,
-current from late January and small local modifications, but I could try
again with a clean -current.

Timm
PS: What I was trying to do here was to build a kernel not using the
unsupported turbo DMA and hack on color wscons/rcons and perhaps have a
testbed for turbo hardware.)
--
Timm Wetzel     	<twetzel@gwdg.de>
Biomed. NMR GmbH        Tel +49 551 201-1091    FAX +49 551 201-1307