Subject: Re: Dma bug fix pulled up to 1.4.x yet?
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 01/18/2000 06:50:56
> However, although I can pull the dma bug fix up to the 1.4 branch, the
> bug didn't crash a 1.4 kernel because the diagnostic check that caught
> it was turned off.  If I do pull it up, it will need a little testing
> first.  Are you seeing similar DMA crashes on a 1.4 system?

I seem to recall that I was; I couldn't even build a whole -current kernel
to start upgrading it, without getting at least one crash. It was why I moved
on to other arch's and ignored next68k until the recent snapshot went up.

My next68k is still happily trundling through a make-build of 20000116-UTC
sources, with nary a single panic since I installed the snapshot.

If you put it in the 1.4 branch, I will test it by building a 1.4.2_ALPHA
kernel and then downgrading userland via massive tar devastation on the
server -- and then build it up to 1.4.2_ALPHA from source.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com