Subject: Re: Dma bug fix pulled up to 1.4.x yet?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 01/18/2000 08:36:56
There are a couple of fixes that I need to pull up to the 1.4 branch,
I will see about doing them tonight.

However, although I can pull the dma bug fix up to the 1.4 branch, the
bug didn't crash a 1.4 kernel because the diagnostic check that caught
it was turned off.  If I do pull it up, it will need a little testing
first.  Are you seeing similar DMA crashes on a 1.4 system?

In any case, I will see if I can pull up the warm reboot fix and the
fix for memory != 32mb.  I need to build a 1.4-branch system anyway.

A 1.4 system should have no trouble building 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 (I think)
It's only building -current from 1.4 that is tricky (you have to
manually upgrade the compiler first because the assembler syntax
changed).

Thanks for doing the mass build work,

Darrin