Subject: ancient snapshot version of boot anyone?
To: NetBSD/next68k developers list <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Timm Wetzel <twetzel@gwdg.de>
List: port-next68k
Date: 01/14/2000 14:34:54
Does anyone happen to have a copy/backup of one of the very first next68k
snapshots around?

I am looking for old versions of boot, since I used to be able to load a
kernel from a SCSI disk on a turbo slab. Sadly I overwrote this bootblock
during an upgrade.

The recent boot versions don't work on turbo hardware any more.
I tried compiling with the obvious CVS-visible changes reverted, but this
did not work, either (at least on my cross-compile setup).

So if anyone still has a _really_ ancient boot available, I'd appreciate a
copy/pointer.

Pointers to the relevant code changes are also welcome. (I suspect there
might have been revisions DBJ never committed to CVS.)

Timm
PS: I was thinking of building a md-root kernel to experiment with color
console and turbo hardware without the unsupported turbo DMA getting in
the way. But this still needs to be loaded somehow ...

--
Timm Wetzel     	<twetzel@gwdg.de>
Biomed. NMR GmbH        Tel +49 551 201-1091    FAX +49 551 201-1307