Subject: Re: toe in the water
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: David Griffiths <dgriff@hursley.ibm.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 08/16/1999 15:08:35
der Mouse wrote:

> Personally, I'd love to get my paws on any of that source code -
> meaning both the proto-Linux code and the Plan 9 code - that you're
> allowed to share.  (Is Plan 9 open-source?  I forget.)

There are remarkable similarities between the code I've written and the
Plan 9 code. :) But then there are probably remarkable similarities
between the Plan 9 code and the original NeXT drivers given that much of
it was reverse-engineered and there being only a limited number of ways
to crack that particular nut.

Plan 9 is not open-source. It costs $350. On the other hand it's a
pretty defunct operating system now and there was talk of it being given
away in the future sometime.

Dave