Subject: Re: toe in the water
To: David Griffiths <dgriff@hursley.ibm.com>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@securitas.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 08/16/1999 15:29:33
Hi,

on Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:19:09 +0100 David Griffiths wrote
concerning "Re: toe in the water" something like this:

> As mentioned in a previous message, I'm soon going to be working on the
> port of Linux to black hardware. At the moment I'm writing a boot
> loader.
[...]
> On the other
> hand I've only read the first block and verified that it contains a
> label in the right place and so on, so there's no gaurantee it doesn't
> suffer the same problems as yours.

If I may jump in here: Things are *way* easier to do with the boot loader.
The boot blocks (that I have written) _can_ load a kernel into memory
correctly (at least they did last time I checked). But it's a different
story when running multi user.

If I only had some time to try aswell, maybe we could get some discussion
going :((

Rolf.