Subject: toe in the water
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-next68k
Date: 08/14/1999 12:39:59
I finally picked up my interest in NetBSD on the NeXT.  I sucked over
the 1.4 /next68k tarballs and have the machine running.  As you have
probably guessed, I have some questions. :)

- What is the state of SCSI support?  As of yesterday morning, -current
   still had the SCSI stuff commented out in GENERIC, but on the other
   hand I recently was told face-to-face that it now works (albeit by
   someone not directly involved in the port as far as I know).  The
   web pages seem to imply that progress has been made but that it's by
   no means ready for prime time yet.

- I built a kernel with WSEMUL_SUN instead of WSEMUL_VT100.  It seems
   to work in that I can wsconscfg -e sun, and use TERM=sun.  But
   standout doesn't work - it's visually the same as non-standout.  Is
   this normal and/or known, or should I try to figure out what's
   wrong?

- At boot time the framebuffer appears as
	nextdisplay0 at mainbus0: 1152 x 832, 2bpp
    ...but I know that hardware, and it's really 1120x832.  What's up?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca