Subject: Re: Cannot boot headless
To: None <root@garbled.net>
From: matt debergalis <deberg@MIT.EDU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 06/06/1999 12:25:48
    Tim> The machine is up.. responding to pings.. but I cannot access
    Tim> it at all.. It seems to be hanging.  If I plug the monitor back
    Tim> it.. it works just fine..  What worries me is:

i had a slab running in exactly this configuration for awhile before
fixing the ZS_CONSOLE_ABORT stuff, and didn't have any problems.

you might try compiling a kernel w/o ZS_CONSOLE_ABORT and w/ SERCONSOLE,
which will force it to use the serial console and not complain if there
isn't actually a serial line attached.  (that's my current configuration
of the same headless machine.)

if you're still having difficulty i can try reproducing your problem...
i've been on the move and just now got my machine set up again.

matt
--
matt debergalis <deberg@mit.edu> KB1CTH
finger deberg@ai.mit.edu for PGP key