Subject: nextdimension configuration
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: matt debergalis <deberg@MIT.EDU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 02/17/1999 11:24:37
is anyone familiar w/ how to properly configure a cube w/ a dimension
board?  darrin and i spent some time setting this up last nite, but the
results were suboptimal.

the only working configuration we found was to plug a mono monitor into
the processor board and plug a keyboard into that.  then, we plugged a
color monitor into the dimension.  this worked, but leaves a dark mono
monitor that's not doing anything, which seems wrong.

just hooking a color soundbox to the dimension using the next y-cable
and having nothing plugged into the processor board didn't work.  also,
running a straight-mono cable from the processor board to a soundbox,
plugging a keyboard into that, and plugging the color monitor into the
dimension didn't work.

it really doesn't make much sense that you need a dead mono monitor to
have this setup working.  anyone know if there's a better way?

thanks... matt
--
matt debergalis <deberg@mit.edu> KB1CTH
finger deberg@ai.mit.edu for PGP key