Subject: Re: [black-linux] off topic: Passwords
To: Michael Moll <kvedulv@kvedulv.chiemgau.com>
From: Kevin Joseph-Rhey Clark <kjc1@engr.uark.edu>
List: port-next68k
Date: 12/13/1998 14:30:00
sure,
shut the machine off with the power switch.  Then restart the computer and
IMMEDIATELY afer the "Testing System" message press  command + ` (the
unshifted tilde key) you sholud get something like=20
NeXT>

then type one of the following =20
bod -s=09(boot optical)
bsd -s=09(boot scsi drive)
ben -s  (boot Ethernet)
=09( the -s is for single user mode)

then type
sh /etc/rc &
passwd root=09(you get prompted to put a new root passwd in 2X)

At this time reboot the computer (don't go into multiuser mode w/o a
reboot)

Kevin Clark
kjc1@engr.uark.edu

They say the human brain only utilizes 7% of its ability.  Too bad there
isn't a rc5 client for it.