Subject: Re: next68k status report, short form
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Brown <zab@zabbo.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/26/1998 14:21:04
>   . There are a lot of small specific projects I would like other
> people to do.  If you want something to work on, let me know.  Things
> that come to mind include:

>  . figure out the hardware powerdown.

?  do you mean tickling the power bit in the control reg of the rtc?  it
works fine over here.. (new 1850 timer in turbo/ non turbo slab).  I'll be
getting an original 030 cube pretty soon, so one of us will have one of
those to hack on..

>   . The linux people have been picking up some steam again.  It looks
> like our work is useful to them, and its always good to have more
> hardware experts around.

yes.  your work was immensely helpful.  my initial nextlinux work will
hopefully act as a catalyst and suck some 68k linux hackers into beating
on the next hardware..

>   . Currently, volunteers have talked about integrating a console
> driver, and floppy disk/installation support.  I'd like to get status

I have the mono and c16 displays working under linux, and have some ideas
about the non adb keyboard/mouse.  anyone can feel free to drop me some
mail if they want more info.  most interestingly there is an additional
chunk of memory per frame buffer that the prom describes as
'backingstore', I have yet to play with this at all..

-- zach

007 373 5963