Subject: Re: scsi status update
To: Timothy J Luoma <luomat@peak.org>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@securitas.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/23/1998 23:54:00
Hi,

on Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:57:08 -0400 Timothy J Luoma wrote
concerning "Re: scsi status update" something like this:

>> 2. Synchronous transfer negotiation is turned off until I can figure
>> out how to get interrupted after the negotiation message is sent
>> out.
> FYI: NeXT hardware with the NeXT OS has never been able to handle sync
> transfers, only async

Which IMHO does not mean it can't do it. Async is just much easier to
implement, I think it should be possible. (The SCSI chip can do it, I'm
just not sure about the NeXT specific DMA chip.)

Bye, Rolf