Subject: Re: port-next68k
To: None <dbj@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/08/1998 03:41:05
On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 07:19:34PM -0400, dbj@netbsd.ORG wrote:

> "Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.DK> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have now configured my Turbo Color for netbooting and
> > I even have a suitable monitor cable with it. No
> > ADB keyboard, though.
>
> Hmm.  One other person reported an unsuccessful netboot of
> a Turbo machine, reported some ethernet errors printed on
> rom console.

I now get (probably the same) 'en: tx not ready' errors
and no packets come onto the wire.

The ethernet controller in my machine (Turbo Color)
is an AMD 7996. How compatible with the Fujitsu chip
it is, I don't know - as far as I can tell, AMD only
has a electrical specs data sheet for it available on
their web site.

At least it is not an entirely different chip.
The MAC address can be read, and some of the register
contents seem to correlate with the *reg.h constants.

I have tried frobbing the chip some, but with
no success. I can't find any 8795 documentation on
the Fujitsu site, either.

--
Soren