Port-newsmips archive

RE: NEWS5000SB POST failure

Tsutsui-san

  Thank you very much for your cooperation.

  I also own NEWS5000X, too, and it boot successfully. Even though
NWB-1101, NWB-1102 and NWB-5852A are inserted in APBus, but only
64MB RAM, it is fast as your video.

  Although the story is about NEWS5000SB, there is no output at the
console and the "NETWORK" LED flashes flashing which is not supposed
to be the original use.
  I want to restore the NEWS5000SB because it is equipped with the XA
frame buffer. I am thinking that NEWS5000SB is in a CRITICAL condition
in a situation where nothing is displayed on the console and only the LED
informs the abnormality.
  Because I feel that NEWS series are the machines seriously made by
Sony Corp., the mechanism that detects abnormality may be elaborately
incorporated. As I wrote in the previous e-mail, there is an abnormal noise
from the fans, so first I will suspect this fans and deal with it. It may be

equipped with a mechanism to detect the rotation condition of the fan
even if the rotation pulse does not come back.

Best Regards,
--
Yoshihiko Iwama