Port-newsmips archive

Re: new snapshot

IT> Did you boot NEWS-OS before booting NetBSD?

Yes.

IT> Sometimes it caused problem. It seems some more initialization
IT> is needed for SPIFI SCSI, but I have not tracked it yet.

I see. But the last snapshot's kernel did boot on such
situation. Strange...

IT> Does your news5000 not boot NetBSD properly even after power-cycle?

I'll check it later.

> bo scsi(1,11)

IT> Did you connect external disks?

Yes, internal disk is used for NEWS-OS's root partition. :)

IT> If so, please also check cables and terminators. It might cause
IT> problem even if it has no problem with NEWS-OS. There is few sanity
IT> checks in our SPIFI driver.

Oops. The cable i'm using is the only one I have whose connector is
large 50pin (old SCSI) vs half 50pin (SCSI2 or Ultra SCSI). It is hard to
get now.

IT> BTW, the snapshot was built on NWS-5000X with SCSI disks on SPIFI ;-)

Good news. Thanks.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki