Subject: Re: new snapshot
To: None <port-newsmips@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 04/30/2002 15:07:58
In article <87pu0h7s67.fsf@boggy.acest.tutrp.tut.ac.jp>
nakaji@tutrp.tut.ac.jp wrote:

> I cannot boot my NWS-5000SB with new snapshot from local scsi disk.
> The kernel boots up, gets panic, reboot, and hangs up probing scsi bus.
>
> Any help? Thanks in advance.

Did you boot NEWS-OS before booting NetBSD?
Sometimes it caused problem. It seems some more initialization
is needed for SPIFI SCSI, but I have not tracked it yet.
Does your news5000 not boot NetBSD properly even after power-cycle?

> > bo scsi(1,11)

Did you connect external disks? If so, please also check
cables and terminators. It might cause problem even if
it has no problem with NEWS-OS. There is few sanity checks
in our SPIFI driver.

BTW, the snapshot was built on NWS-5000X with SCSI disks on SPIFI ;-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp