Port-newsmips archive

Re: Can not boot

Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

It seems to load the kernel, but stops after a message like
7657528+6545356=0xD8B804
  (I guess the kernel is loaded but fails to execute ? )

Are you trying on serial console?
At least, there was a report that NWS-3410 was working.
(port-newsmips/10874)

  Yes ! With an Apple //c as a VT  ! It looks like both News OS and
NetBSD get loaded but the processor deny kernel execution (asking
for a registration number for News OS). I found the string "input your
registration number" in what I suppose to be the init program of NewsOS.
However I can not mount the FS on any other system ... Maybe NetBSD
on Sparc ?

--
Emmanuel Chaput                         Dépt Télécom & Réseau, ENSEEIHT
*5 61 58 82 10 (Fax *5 61 58 80 14)