Subject: Re: Can not boot
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Emmanuel Chaput <Emmanuel.Chaput@enseeiht.fr>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 03/11/2002 08:09:56
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

>It seems to load the kernel, but stops after a message like
>7657528+6545356=0xD8B804
>   (I guess the kernel is loaded but fails to execute ? )
>

>Are you trying on serial console?
>At least, there was a report that NWS-3410 was working.
>(port-newsmips/10874)

   Yes ! With an Apple //c as a VT  ! It looks like both News OS and
NetBSD get loaded but the processor deny kernel execution (asking
for a registration number for News OS). I found the string "input your
registration number" in what I suppose to be the init program of NewsOS.
However I can not mount the FS on any other system ... Maybe NetBSD
on Sparc ?

--
Emmanuel Chaput                         Dépt Télécom & Réseau, ENSEEIHT
*5 61 58 82 10 (Fax *5 61 58 80 14)         Emmanuel.Chaput@enseeiht.fr