Port-newsmips archive

tulip for big-endian bus

I'm porting tulip driver to newsmips.

There is a 21140A (without MII) board for APbus, which is a big-endian bus
for NWS-4000/5000 series of newsmips.  Since all PCI I/O and DMA access for
tulip is translated to APbus (big-endian bus) within the board, I have to
set BUSMODE_BLE, and BUSMODE_DBO to live with htole32()/le32toh() in tulip.c
for descriptor access.  Also PBL is required to restrict burst length on
some hardware.

How should I set these BUSMODE flags for tulip?  Is it reasonable to move
sc_preinit() hook after initialization of sc->sc_busmode?

Regards,

Atsushi Onoe