Subject: FAQ for newsmips
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: Giuseppe Gallone <gallone@ing.unipi.it>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 10/20/1999 12:18:29
--------------23621B47946C3D614E107CE1

David Brownlee wrote:

>         There does not seem to be a massive amount of information on
>         newsmips machines out there...

It seems, indeed.
I found that Sony has put some web pages which look like
a technical support for NEWS-OS at:
      http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/ProductsPark/Professional/Computer/
but (what a pity!) it is only in japanese language...

>         Would anyone be willing to put together a small FAQ for the
>         www.netbsd.org website?

I would willingly partecipate to such FAQ by sharing all the information
I have on these machines (unfortunately, it is not so much...).
However, I don't have any experience in mantaining nor in contributing to
FAQs.

>         Also, please feel free to let us know about any working models
>         not listed on the webpage :)

The model I own is a NWS3260 with 16Mb RAM.
I've downloaded the snapshots for newsmips but I haven't tested them yet.

When I'll try, I'll report to this mailing list.

--
Giuseppe Gallone
INFM & Dipartimento Ingegneria Chimica, Chimica Industriale e Scienza dei

David Brownlee wrote:
does not seem to be a massive amount of information on
It seems, indeed.
to put together a small FAQ for the
I would willingly partecipate to such FAQ by sharing all the information
to FAQs.
let us know about any working models
:)
The model I own is a NWS3260 with 16Mb RAM.
yet.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Giuseppe Gallone
INFM &amp; Dipartimento Ingegneria Chimica, Chimica Industriale e Scienza dei
Materiali, Universita` degli Studi di Pisa -&nbsp; via Diotisalvi, 2&nbsp; -&nbsp;
I56126 PISA - Italy - tel.&nbsp; +39 050511207 - fax&nbsp; +39 050511266</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------23621B47946C3D614E107CE1--