Port-mvme68k archive

Re: 9.0-stable new error: ie0: inappropriate ioctl for device

On Aug 18, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Chris Hanson <cmhanson%eschatologist.net@localhost> wrote:

> I just updated my MVME167 system to the latest code for 9.0-stable as of this afternoon, and I'm seeing the following:
>
>    Starting dhcpcd.
>    arp_announce: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>    dhcp_openbpf: ie0: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>    dhcp_openbpf: ie0: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>    arp_announce: Inappropriate ioctl for device

It seems like this *might* have been a false alarm—or something that's been addressed. Since there were a couple of commits to netbsd-9 today I decided to pull and do an incremental build with them; after installing this build (both kernel & distribution) and booting, now I'm not getting any of these messages and everything is working like normal.

  -- Chris