Subject: Re: diskless mvme68k ---->> I've got it
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 05/13/2004 09:29:31
On Wed, 12 May 2004, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On May 12, 2004, at 6:48 AM, Henning Kiel wrote:
>
> > I'm accessing my VME cards though, so I could be of help for you.
> > What I cannot do now is programming interrupts. My ADC card can
> > generate
> > IRQs and I would like to respond to them. If possible from user land
> > not
> > kernel. If someone could help me with these...
>
> To service interrupts, your driver must be in the kernel.

Where can I get an example on how to do this (kernel driver & IRQ)?
Also do I need to build the while kernel, or can I just compile a module
which can be loaded.

I suppose I can create a special device which I can talk to (write configs
into it and get my data out of it). Also I want the kernel to write its
data into files, but that should be feasible!?