Subject: Open firmware trouble on StarMax 3000/180
To: None <port-mvme68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Ben Wehrspann <ben@jtt.net>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 11/20/2003 21:59:55
Hello-

This is my first time on this list so if I'm in the wrong
place for these questions just let me know and I'll kindly
leave.

I am "trying" to turn up netBSD on my StarMax 3000/180.

I tried to follow the Getting to the Open Firmware Prompt
(Harder method using MacOS)

Basically I used Bootvars under macOS.

I unchecked the AutoBoot and checked All variables

Then I put kbd in for the input-device and for the output
device I put /ATY,264VT@11

I clicked Write and then rebooted.  Now I get no video
sync.  I assume Open firmware comes up right away?

I see something about swaping ide cables, but shouldn't I
at least get a prompt?

since I took ttya off out of the bootvars its probably not
coming out of the serial port is it. ????

Any suggestions?  Have I fatally messed up my machine?

Thanks in advance

Ben Wehrspann

Office: Farmers Mutual Telephone
         541 Young Street