Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/12/2003 16:20:25
Hi !

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Henning Kiel wrote:
> I have no idea how minicom or kermit works. I could set them up to use
> 9600 8N1 no_handshake.

the cable should be equal. I have MVME712-10 or so with 25pin DBus female, i
use a usual null-modem cable with gender changer. Your cable should be okay.

> I suppose I just start minicom (which somhow expects a modem, and (I
> think) sends a character sequence to init. the modem of course does not
> exist: there is just the above cable.
> The transition module is a 712A/AM + 712B
> If I start the MVME (or reset it) I don't get any output.

minicom is like telix for DOS, it is just an emulation of something like your
VT100. Try this. Easy to configure.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX