Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/08/2003 14:08:36
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Henning Kiel wrote:

> I already installed rpc.bootparamd, but the MVME does not connect to it it
> seems. What services do I need to install to proceed?

DHCP should work fine, together with an NFS server.

> Also when I try to update the NVRAM (with network setting eg.) I get:
> ERROR: Invalid Network Auto Boot Configuration Parameters Pointer (NVRAM)
>
> Any idea what this means?

Did you configure the board exactly as described in the "Preparing your
System for NetBSD installation" section of the installation guide. The
jumper setting (J1 on the MVME167) is important.

ISTR you said your NVRAM battery is dead, in which case you'll probably
need to run "niot" and "env" to configure things correctly.

Cheers, Steve