Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Steve Woodford <scw@NetBSD.org>
From: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/06/2003 14:07:04
Hi Steve/List!

I'm also having trouble with my MVME167-34B (33MHz/32MB).
I don't have two serial cables so I attach my VT100 to see what is
happening and instead of transfering files via serial cable, I
usuall connect the disk to another computer and read the data into ram on
the MVME.
This worked fine on my (formerly working) 147.
Now I wanted to install netbsd on the 167, but I cannot read from disk.
It is recognized correctly with iot;t, but when I try to read from it with
iop, I get error 000E.
The pdf-handbook from the net is silent about this error code.

Any ideas?
It would also be nice if there would exist a program which compiles on eg.
Linux which can partition disks for NetBSD. Also if this program could
copy the swap-initrd and make the disk bootable ;-)

I also have problems with the network in 167bug. I set my IP, a gateway,
netmask etc., but I cannot do/receive pings. BTW, why do I need to fill in
not only the receipient, but also the sender. it should be my IP?

Chau,
Henning