Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Steve Woodford <scw@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/06/2003 11:02:37
Hi !

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Steve Woodford wrote:
> > just playing around with some new MVME stuff. After some results with a
> > MVME162, i tried my MVME167B, because the MVME162 just has 4 megs of RAM. But
> > the firmware doesn't seem to have the network boot commands:
>
> Some versions of Bug seems to rely on the clock running in order for the
> network commands to work.

Is running. The command even don't appear in help function of Bug.

> I don't recall off the top of my head which Bug command actually
> kick-starts the clock, but I'm sure the "HE" command will give some clues
> (I'd run up my VME rack to find out, but it's already hot enough here
> without that thing running ;-).

I read about it in the manual, but didn't have a closer look. successive time
commands show seconds counting up, so everything is okay in this area.

> The mvme68k installation instructions should provide enough information to
> get things running. Make sure you've done everything described in the
> "Preparing your System for NetBSD installation" section of the document.

Board works now. I installed a disk via my MVME147 and booted the MVME167 off
it. The problem seems to bee an old Bug version not supporting those network
syscalls/commands.

For now, my problem is fixed, as i have running it NetBSD :)

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX