Subject: partitioning problems during install
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Butera <pepsi@chicagonet.net>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 11/10/2002 09:43:02
I'm install netbsd 1.6 on my mvme147, I got everything working and was
able to get netboot via TFTP.  I partitioned the drive in using edlabel
in netboot, got miniboot onto the swap partition, and was able to boot
that up fine.

The problem is that when I try to install, when it creates the
filesystems, it always fails on one partition or another.  What strikes
me as odd is that whatever partitioner is used in miniboot claims my
hard drive is a different size than edlabel does in netboot.  I've
tried partitioning many different ways, and it seems the only way that
works is to create only a root partition and a swap.  Obviously, this
is not the ideal setup...

Am I doing something wrong?  I guess I could try to install onto a
different hard drive than miniboot is on, but unfortunately I don't
have a spare scsi hard drive laying around.  I guess it's not a major
problem, as the mvme isn't going to be used for anything serious, but
it definitely is annoying.

Thanks

-- John