Subject: MVME147 sboot trouble
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: Gerry Belanger <wa1hoz@rcn.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 10/17/2001 13:45:16
Greetings!

I am attempting to do a network install on an 8mb MVME147.

When I download and run sboot I get:

147-Bug>g 4000
Effective address: 00004000

sboot: serial line bootstrap program (&end = 5fa4)

>>> b
le0: ethernet address: 8:0:3e:20:a6:b2
My ip address is: 10.4.86.147
Server ip address is: 10.4.86.33
TFTP: Download error 1: File not found
Download Failed

Obviously I don't have something set up correctly on the server,
an x86 FreeBSD3.1 host. Last week I successfully installed NetBSD
on an MVME167 using the same server.  I set up the bootp, tftpd,
rarpd, bootparamd and nfs to get it all working.  I figured I could
just mirror what I did for the '167 to install on the 147,
and adding the sboot step.  Apparantly not.

So sboot is getting it's IP address ok, but where and
how is it looking for the netboot program?  I have
netboot in the /tftpboot directory.

gerryb
Gerry Belanger, WA1HOZ                  wa1hoz@rcn.com
Newtown, CT				g.belanger@ieee.org