Subject: VMEBus for network appliances
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 12/01/2000 01:37:29
Hi there,

I'm interested in experimenting with VME systems as a cheap way of
implementing network appliance type stuff under NetBSD.

I've seen a lot of 68k VME board with IDE interfaces. What are the odds of
getting that working under NetBSD/mvme68k? My ideal machines would sport a
network interface, an IDE bus, and several serial ports... I'm not really
after the VME buses themselves, but this is the only port really dedicated
to embedded hardware :-)

Has nayone had any experience with this kind of thing?

What do most of you guys use mvme68k boards for?

TIA,

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell