Subject: Re: Tadpole SBCs
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@tfo-consulting.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 07/31/1999 13:47:03
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I have a Tadpole TP-34V 6u VME single board computer.  It's got a 25MHz
> (I think; it's currently stuffed in a box) 68030, FPU socket, 2 53c710
> SIOPs, an Intel i82596 Ethernet controller, and a couple of Motorola DUARTs
> (forget which model), and 16M of RAM.  It currently has VxWorks ROMs in it,
> I believe.
I seem to remember a beast such as this that ran Unix. British Telecom
used to package boards like these from Tadpole, add a 16 port serial card
to a SCSI controller and some disks. It used to run SysVr2 which was a
Unisys port.

I have no idea where you could get details though, I shure as hell
couldn't when I was trying to sysadmin these machines. The BT reference
was the M6000 series (the M5000's were PeeCees so ignore these)

Hope this helps (slim chance :-)

A.

--
Alex Barclay                    E-mail: alex@tfo-consulting.com