Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 + MVME 167
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Andre Grosse Bley <gandalf@infinity.ping.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 07/14/1999 22:30:13
Hi Steve,

> > "ie0: no carrier" messages, repeating speed seems to be controlled by=
 transfer
> > speed.
> > I checked (replaced) the 10Base2 Transceiver, the cable (about 5 mete=
rs) looks
> > ok (not selfmade), termination is ok, too.
> This still sounds like a cable or termination problem somewhere. :-/

I replaced both terminators and the cable today (only one 5 meter piece i=
n =

this segment), but i=B4m still getting these. I=B4ll try another Board to=
morrow. I =

can get 600-750 kb/sec transfers, so it doesnt seem to have any performan=
ce =

loss. but this message is still annoying.

Other question:
I want to play a bit with a Datel DVME -601 A/D Board [A24D16 Slave], but=
 how =

can i do that? You provide a "foo0" - Sample in the CONFIG-File, but i re=
ally =

don=B4t want to write a device driver for it [yet]. Is there any chance t=
o =

access the bus from userland? I really have no idea how to do that, =

/usr/include/dev/vme looks a bit like for Sun machines.
Any useful pointers? (source, manuals, documents?)

Thanks in advance,
		Andre