Subject: Re: MVME167 w/patched kernel
To: None <jdb8042@blkbox.com>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 07/05/1999 12:38:40
[appologies for the slow response; I've been away from my keyboard for
three weeks]

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, John D. Baker wrote:

> Is anyone else successfully running 'xdm' on their '167 board?  I'm
> having difficulty with mine.  It will apparently randomly reset
> the server (disconnecting my session), even when just sitting at the
> xlogin display.

When you say 'randomly reset', do you mean xdm itself crashes, or just
the server? In either case, does it leave a core file lying around? Any
message in a log file?

> I have difficulty faulting the network as other network-orient operations
> work fabulously with no perceived problems (namely NFS)

Indeed, it doesn't sound like a network oriented problem. Are you using
the latest xsrc stuff on the 167? This may sound drastic, but
'ktrace'ing xdm might be useful (as a last resort ;-)

Cheers, Steve