Subject: MVME167 w/patched kernel
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@s27.max1.houston.box.net>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 06/18/1999 22:37:53
I downloaded the 'mmu-fault-fix' version of the kernel and mini-root
and have successfully installed NetBSD 1.4 on my MVME167.

I have not encountered any more panics, either by MMU Fault or otherwise.
Looks like Steve's patch did the trick.

On to other matters:

Is anyone else successfully running 'xdm' on their '167 board?  I'm
having difficulty with mine.  It will apparently randomly reset
the server (disconnecting my session), even when just sitting at the
xlogin display.

I used a '147 with 'xdm' flawlessly.  My "X-terminal" is a PeeCee clone
running that "penguin-esque" free *nix-like OS... :-)

I have difficulty faulting the network as other network-orient operations
work fabulously with no perceived problems (namely NFS)

Thanks for your input.

--
John D. Baker                                       I hear, and I forget.
jdb8042@blkbox.com                                 I see, and I remember.