Subject: Re: NetBSD port www homepage rewriters needed
To: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 04/02/1999 18:23:51
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Brian Ginsbach wrote:

> Too bad it is a basket case and has none of the processor boards
> supported by NetBSD! :-(  In case your interested here's what I
> got for processors:  MVME130DOF, MVMVE132XT, MVME141-2, and
> the above mentioned MVME162-10.  I don't really have any VME

Well the first three have been obsolete a _long_ time and there's no
details on MCG's website for them. From memory, NetBSD might just about
port to them although performance will seriously suck.

The '162 *will* be supported just as soon as I can get hold of one (or a
'172). Alternatively you could do the port yourself ;-)

> experience so I have no idea how to put the crate back together
> (or if I even have all of the transition boards, cables, etc.)

The essential transition module is the MVME712 plus P2 paddle board.
Without those you're kind of stuck.

Cheers, Steve