Subject: Re: NetBSD port www homepage rewriters needed
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Brian Ginsbach <ginsbach@spacestar.net>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 04/01/1999 21:12:28
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 Steve Woodford wrote:

> Sounds great! Html is not my strong-point, so any help is greatly
> appreciated.

Not necessarily mine either!  I was up for a "learning" exercise.
Plus I didn't have to come up with the new format -- thanks David.

> Well, the page is missing details on the MVME167 support which
> was recently added. A brief description of the board can be found
> in the '-current changes' link on the original page.

Ok.  I had already added it to my hacked page.

> You might also put a link to the 'Hardware Wanted' page, where I
> have an 'Ad' looking for an MVME177. (I should update that to
> include MVME162 and MVME172...)

I'll check it out.  I've got a MVME162-10 plus some other stuff
(ESDI module, SCSI module, ethernet module, graphics module,
comm. module and some memory modules just to name a few).

> I also just noticed that the link to Motorola Computer Group's
> website for MVME147 is also dead. The new link(s) are:

I discovered this last night as well.  I've already got the new
links.  Thanks for including them.

> >                          I hope someday to get the vme crate in
> > the garage put together and running NetBSD.
>
> Go for it. The more people bashing on the port the more bugs can
> be uncovered and squished! I'm particularly interested in people
> reporting their experiences installing on the MVME167 boards.

Too bad it is a basket case and has none of the processor boards
supported by NetBSD! :-(  In case your interested here's what I
got for processors:  MVME130DOF, MVMVE132XT, MVME141-2, and
the above mentioned MVME162-10.  I don't really have any VME
experience so I have no idea how to put the crate back together
(or if I even have all of the transition boards, cables, etc.)

Later, Brian
--
Brian Ginsbach                                  <ginsbach@spacestar.net>