Subject: Re: Problem with MVME167
To: Andre Grosse Bley <gandalf@infinity.ping.de>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 03/09/1999 22:42:11
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Andre Grosse Bley wrote:

> It crashes if any disk drive is connected to the box. (OpenBSD seems to h=
ave=20
> same problem)

Hmm, very strange.

> Perhaps too short? How difficult is it to crosscompile a kernel for that=
=20
> machine + installation ramdisk from i386 FreeBSD? I hope a higher delay (=
1000=20
> - 2000 msec) would help.

Cross-compiling it would be rather tough. Unfortunately I'm
in Dallas (ie. 6000 miles away from my machine) for the next
couple of weeks so I can't build you a special kernel. However,
I'll make it a priority when I return.

> Nope, i did the "abort + reset" method to load defaults into NVRAM + set=
=20
> ethernet address. They only major difference from my MVME 167-34A (except=
 for=20
> memory and cpu) are older BUG rom=B4s

Does that board work with Linux and/or OpenBSD?

Cheers, Steve