Subject: Re: SCSI problems persist...
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/27/1996 20:39:56
Jason,

[147 scsi probs snipped]

Looks strange to me... I keep one of my 147s bang up to date
with the -current (1.2_BETA) source tree which works just fine with
the root and /usr fs on a disk. Never a single problem, and that's
with an ancient CDC-Wren drive...

> Err, what's the 147Bug magic to look at the SCSI bus?  I've forgotten...
> (gee, wonder if the Bug can even talk to it?)

Try "iot;t" to force Bug to scan for all SCSI devices. You may have
a cabling problem somewhere. IIRC, the interrupt can also be generated
if the SCSI bus 'reset' signal is driven by another device on the chain.
Needless to say, the code doesn't check for that! ;-)

Cheers, Steve