Subject: SCSI problems persist...
To: None <port-mvme68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/26/1996 00:26:42
My 147 has been down for a while, so I decided to fire it up today, and
try and work out the SCSI problems I'd been having...

Yah, right... :-/

They still persist... the symtoms I see are lots of unclaimed interrupts
whenever something is plugged into the bus:

isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed

...as soon as wdsc0 attaches the scsibus and begins looking for devices.
So, I stashed some printfs in there:

isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed
wdsc_scsiintr: enter
wdsc_scsiintr: really a SCSI interrupt
wdsc_scsiintr: sbicintr returned 0
wdsc_scsiintr: exiting at bottom

The PCC certainly thinks a SCSI interrupt has happened, but the following
snippet of code in sbicintr() seems to think otherwise:

    /*
     * pending interrupt?
     */
    GET_SBIC_asr (regs, asr);
    if ( (asr & SBIC_ASR_INT) == 0 )
        return(0);

At least, that's the only place that would return 0... All of the SCSI
cables seem to be OK ...

Err, what's the 147Bug magic to look at the SCSI bus?  I've forgotten...
(gee, wonder if the Bug can even talk to it?)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --