Subject: scsi problems...
To: None <port-mvme68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 07/10/1996 08:36:51
I've been trying to get some drives working on the two mvme's we have
here... Initially trying it on jonathan's 147, I got the following
during boot:

		wdsc0 at pcc0 offset 0x4000 ipl 2: WD33C93 SCSI, target 7
		wdsc0: Inhibiting synchronous transfer ff
		sbicwait TIMEO @929 with asr=x30 csr=xff
		isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed
		isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed
		isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed
		isrdispatch_vectored: vec 0x45 not claimed
		.
		.
		.
		etc

going back to the BUG prompt, if I test pcc I see:

PCC      PCC Functionality Test........ Running ---> ..... FAILED
        --SCSI Port reset signal is active

which I verify:

147-Diag>md fffe102a
FFFE102A 2000  0040  0000  0000   0000  0000  0000  0000       ..@............

Replacing jonathan's 147 board with mine, I get:

PCC      PCC Functionality Test........ Running ---> PASSED

which is a good sign... But booting NetBSD, I still get the same error as
above...

The vme bus is jumpered correctly, and I've tried a couple of different
drives and sleds...

Is this something obvious that I'm missing or am I going to have to go
deeper?