Port-mipsco archive

Newbie...

Hi all.

My name is Luca Ognibene and I'm from Italy.

I recently acquired (for free) a MIPS Magnum 3000 Workstation, sadly without
its hard disk (so no OS on it).
>From my brief research (anyway I'm new with this kind of machines) I found
>that its native OS was the RISC/OS; it seems the development of this OS
>continues but just on ARM architectures (but I may be wrong - see
>www.riscos.org).

So the two ways left to use this machine (which I consider quite nice, IMHO -
just a feeling to be honest) is to get the original RISC/OS somewhere and/or
use NetBSD (the installation seems to be impossible without the original
operating system installed).

So, could you give me more info about this machine, where to get the original
OS (MIPS dropped support AFAIK), some hints (do I have to put it in the bin...
:)  ).

BTW, it seems NetBSD doesn't support the PS/2 keyboard.

Thanks for whatever you may do.
Kind regards,
         Luca Ognibene.

P.S. My machine specs: 32MB RAM, Viper 150 tape drive with no cartridge,
monochrome B/W 17" monitor (I  get the image in the lower part of the screen
only, from the center).
No expansion or colour adapter.