Re: current issues on Octeon (ER-4)

On Sun, 21 May 2023 at 12:23:19 +0100, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
Before I forget, there is one other rough edge with evbmips-mips64eb:
* When booting octeon.img.gz, DHCP client works.
* When booting netbsd-OCTEON after the manual installation, DHCP client
 works.
* When booting netbsd-INSTALL_OCTEON, DHCP client does not work because
 the kernel does not seem to have BPF (this has been this way at least
 since 2021), also there is an assertion at the end.  Using static
 IPv4 configuration in the installer works around the problem.

   Command: /sbin/dhcpcd -d -n cnmac1
    Hit enter to continue
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Berkley Packet Filter not found
cnmac1: sending DISCOVER (xid 0xeb30a157), next in 8.4 seconds
cnmac1: sending DISCOVER (xid 0xeb30a157), next in 8.4 seconds
Berkley Packet Filter not found
Berkley Packet Filter not found
cnmac1: sending DISCOVER (xid 0xeb30a157), next in 15.6 seconds
cnmac1: sending DISCOVER (xid 0xeb30a157), next in 15.6 seconds
Berkley Packet Filter not found
Berkley Packet Filter not found
timed out
timed out
cnmac1: executing: /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks STOPPED
cnmac1: executing: /libexec/dhcpcd-run-hooks STOPPED
dhcpcd_fork_cb: truncated read 0 (expected 4)
dhcpcd_fork_cb: truncated read 0 (expected 4)
assertion "ifp != NULL" failed: file "/usr/src/lib/libc/net/getifaddrs.c", line
303, function "_freeifaddrs"

Examining the ramdisk build recipe, I saw that bpf wasn't on the list
of device nodes to be created (though dhcpcd is included, and bpf is
enabled in the kernel configuration), so I've now added it.

I'm not able to test this directly, but verified by mounting the ramdisk
images generated before and after this change. Testing would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Dave