Re: New project

>> Linux is out too because of copyright code...

NetBSD is copyrighted too, y'know.

> And what's wrong with high speed internet?

Depending on what it means, I agree.  I'd expect at least Ethernet.

> If you're still interested in using Ingenic SoCs, the JZ4775 is still produc$

What's wrong with that?  I see no need for multicore unless you insist
on using bloatware like "modern" (which these days appears to mean
"sloppily written") "desktop environments" (which these days appears to
mean "way too much policy and not enough exposed mechanism").

I would actually say that going for a less powerful machine is a _good_
thing, because it teaches people to be parsimonious with machine
resources, pushing back against the sort of sloppiness that leads to
(and this is not a hypothetical example!) an MUA taking up over 3/4 gig
of RAM.

>> ARM is not an option too because of copyright...
> What's the exact meaning of the word "copyright" here?

I'm speculating here, but as I understand it there is a company that
believes it owns the ARM ISA and related stuff.  Depending on the
jurisdiction, it may be wrong, but I suspect the project in question is
not interested in getting enmeshed in a barratrous fight.  (Nor do I
think they'd be wrong, either; I would love to see "that architecture
is _ours_!" leading to a mass "well then we'll use some other one".)

>> We are in the initial phase of the project, so we need some support
>> on how to make it happen

I don't have any experience with that sort of thing, but I would love
for it to happen, especially if non-Brazilians could easily hold of the
resulting machine.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign